It’s that time of year again, our Manga Readathon will be running from June 17-23, 2018. It starts at 12:00am Sunday and ends at 11:59pm Saturday in your time zone.
The aim of this readathon is to encourage you to read more manga than you normally would! So, if you normally don’t read manga, try to read 1 book. If you normally read 60 volumes, try to read 61. That’s all there is to it.
However, we do have optional challenges which you may want to use to construct your TBR (to be read) pile:
Remember these are optional challenges, and are just there to help you pick what you’ll read during the week. They are also very flexible, so just make them work for you!
If you participated last year, you may remember that we created a 25-challenge bingo board for reading challenges. But with the number of comments we received after last year’s readathon we decided to scale it back to 7 simple challenges to make it easier for everyone.
However, if you are missing the 25-challenge bingo board from last year, we would recommend that you add-in the prompts from the #readmanga18 yearly manga reading challenge. The yearly challenge was created to replace the 25-challenge bingo board from last year’s readathon. Challenge yourself to see how many of the 52 yearly reading prompts you can complete in a single week! Find the challenge, here: #readmanga18
READATHON RULES: Please only read manga that have been legally translated into your language or legally licensed for distribution in your country. If you’re not sure you’re reading something legally, you probably aren’t. Thanks for avoiding scanlations during this readathon!
GIVEAWAY #1: What manga would you recommend?
We realize that it might be difficult for some people find a manga to read that’s been recommended. Maybe you’ve never been recommended a manga!
We want to give everyone a chance to find a title to read that someone else recommends.
To enter this giveaway:
- Recommend 1 title below. Include the title, author, English-language publisher and a sentence (or two) on why you recommend it.
- It must be a title that is currently in print in English (either physical or digitally).
- Include the hashtag #mangareadathon in your response.
- Read the Rules & Disclaimers before you enter.
The winner will get to pick 3 volumes of manga from the following. *NOTE: these are used manga, but are all in very good condition:
7 Billion Needles — His Favorite — Berserk — One-Punch Man — Nextworld — Bakuman — Takane & Hana — Miss Me? — B’TX
All of the volumes above are volume 1s, except Miss Me? which is a 1-shot or self-contained volume, and Bakuman which includes volumes 1 & 2.
NOTE: If you decide to pick Bakuman, you will have to take both volumes 1 and 2. This title will count as 2 of the 3 volumes you can choose as your prize.
**7 Billion Needles, His Favorite, and Berserk are intended for an older audience and include mature subject matter.
Rules & Disclaimers:
- Contest open internationally to countries and locations that my country currently ships to. You do not need to be participating in the manga readathon to enter.
- Open to subscribers 18 years or older or, over the age of 13 and have a guardian’s permission to enter. (**Parents/Guardians: Please note that some manga are intended for an adult audience and may include mature subject matter.)
- There will only be 1 winner. This contest is being run on my blog here, and on my YouTube channel. You can enter the contest 1 time at both places (for a maximum of 2 entries).
- *Contest closes June 17, 2018 12:00 AM MST.* Any submissions after this time will not be included.
- Contest winner will be randomly chosen via draw.
- Contest winner must reply within 36 hours of notification with preferred shipping address or they will be disqualified.
- I reserve the right to disqualify any applicants for any reason without notification. (i.e. evidence of abusive or illegal behavior)
- I am not to be held liable for any items lost or damaged in the mail. Manga awarded is used (in very good condition).
- Prizes will be shipped using the cheapest means available to me. This means I cannot guarantee tracking or fast delivery.
- YouTube is not a sponsor of this contest. Participants must agree to release YouTube from any and all liability related to this contest.
- Entering this contest means you are agreeing to all terms above.
We will be running more giveaways during this readathon. Make sure you follow this blog, and our twitter to find out what giveaways/and activities we’ll be hosting.
Bookmark this page, which is being kept up-to-date with all of the giveaway/activities/challenges: https://mangahoarder.com/readathon18/
Follow us on Twitter: @MangaReadathon
Don’t forget to use the hashtag: #MangaReadathon so we can find you online. And, leave a link in the comments and let us know if you’ll be participating!